Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:03:55 -0700

Alfred Urrutia wrote:

> If you can, change the textures for the suits, too, it looks plastic.

When I create my mecha models I usually go for the shiny plastic look, that way it
looks more like something out of anime. Of course these days I just use a Cel
shader.

BTW I use Truespace 4 which despite what some Max and Lightwave snobs will tell
you Is a damn fine, feature rich package which costs at least half as much. It
also has a very intuitive interface which unlike 3ds Max which still gives me
nightmares.

BTW (again) The Gp-03 model in the picture was made by a guy named Harry Chang,
who has also made some really incredible Star Wars models.

---Brett Jensen