Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:45:50 -0500

BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/17/00 9:34:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, trojan@atoka.net
> writes:
>
> << that's not what i ment, what i was trying to illustrate was usually
> combatants are far too busy trying to survive and perhaps win the gith
> to think of how they can exicute cool disabling moves like hit the cord
> hangig off the side of the mecha.. and i said 'soft' armor, like
> Gundam-style Kevlar or something..
> >>

> Right, Yes a know what you meant, even if it sounds like I don't. I don't
> think any mecha in Gundam has any type of soft armor. A beam saber can cleave
> the whole robot in half, so I don't think soft armor would stop a beam saber
> slash either. As armor soft enough to bend, is not as strong as heavy armor.
> Soft armor is light armor. An articulated, plated cord, like it's whip would
> be more resistent to a beam sabler slash, then soft armor would. Yeah, I am
> pretty sure the soft armor in Gundam is pretty advanced, but it still would
> not be as strong as Gundamrium(spelled that wrong, probably!). Armor DOES NOT
> stop a blow from hitting, it's lessens the blows force, to lessen the damage
> the blow does. Knights armor was made to deflect blows, not stop them. I do
> not know if this still applies today, not. But it does seem to apply to
> Gundam or at least GW.
>
> I am pretty sure that it's a slim chance that one could actually slick it's
> cable, but the chance is still there. The Wing Zero and Epyon got pretty
> close to each other, though. I do think the cable is strong though, just
> cannot stop or lessen, a beam saber blades power. A beam saber can cut
> through space ships, I am pretty sure of this.
>
> Aaron

who the hell said anything about it stopping beam sabers? i was talking
about armoring it agaisnt stay bullets from machine cannons, soft armor
can dissipate force, sometimes better than hard armor because it is
flexable.. the Epyonn can defend itself adequatly against beam sabers
the only thing hurting that cord again as i said is blind luck..

-Les

--
                                  -Balki Bartokamouse