Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:24:31 +0800

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>I think it was remodeled and renamed Rising Gundam.

the wrecked Shining Gundam, courtesy of Master Asia and his Master Gundam, was rebuilt as the Rising Gundam, and had Rain as the pilot in mind. Since Rain isn't like Domon in martial arts, the Rising Gundam was outfitted with a bow and a shield, although the shield was sort of, "disposable" in the sense that it breaks quickly. The Rising Gundam also lost the ability to go to hyper mode (or so it seems, as it never went into hyper mode in the series) because Rain isn't a real Gundam fighter per se and isn't expected to tap into the hidden potential of the Rising Gundam.

>> Rain Mikimura of G Gundam was a Gundam "doctor" for Damon Kasshu
>> before becoming
>> the pilot of the Shining Gundam that she used to repair/heal.

Rain also piloted the Shining Gundam at certain times when Domon wasn't available, such as when the Death Army attacked them after they met up with Domon's master, Toho Fuhai aka Master Asia, and in some other instances that escape my mind right now. Yes, Rain also was the mechanic of the Shining Gundam, and it helps her job by knowing how to pilot it and diagnose some problems otherwise unnoticable by a non-pilot (or doesn't know how to pilot) mechanic. That's also one of the reasons why F1 mechanics ask the drivers - the mechanics may not be able to drive those machines, but at least the driver input is a very valuable tool in the mechanic's arsenal.