Michael Wong x4241 (Michael.Wong@nsc.com)
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:51:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List:

> gee, brett. gundam is a given.

Yup, Gundam HAS to be number one!

> and no, god doesn't exist. there's no macross on the
> damn list. (and there aren't any decent master grade
> macross models out yet...grr..damn frigging
> aurabattler). :P

Not only is Macross not on the list, Heidi, Girl of the
Alps is there instead of the much superior Future Boy
Conan and Dog of Flanders. Also, the fact Dragon Ball
is still there bothers me a lot too as Dr. Slump was also
much better than it and it was by the same manga artist!

> but then again, i never trust the rest of humanity
> when it comes to good taste. i mean, c'mon, just look
> at what happened with titanic. :P

Not only that, people liked Schindler's List also...

> evangelion on the list AGAIN? ugh.

Well, it's one of the better giant mecha shows that came out
in recent years. I'm not sure if it will hold it's place up
there with the classics in a few years, but I enjoyed it much
more than most of the series on the top 7 list.

> -garr
>
> --- Brett Jensen <heero@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > 187,373 Anime fans were recently polled by Japanese
> > TV channel Animax, men's magazine Brutus, and
> > video rental chain Tsutaya and asked to give their
> > top 100 favorite
> > selections in the following anime
> > areas:
> > 1. Anime Series, 2. Anime Theme Song, 3. Anime
> > Character. Below are some
> > of the results:
> >
> > Favorite Anime Series:
> >
> > 1. Mobile Suit Gundam
> > 2. Lupin III
> > 3. Doraemon
> > 4. Dragon Ball
> > 5. Space Battleship Yamato
> > 6. Heidi, Girl Of The Alps
> > 7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
> >
> > I'm so pleased that MS Gundam rated #1!
> >
> > I'm also pleased to see the eternally overrated
> > Evangelion beaten by
> > Heidi. ^_- I've got my flame sheilds up eddie! ^o^
> >
> > ---Brett Jensen

Michael