rsu@aeug.org
Wed, 13 Sep 100 20:14:15 PDT

As I was watching ADVFansub's Nadia, I'm struck by the idea of engineer as the main character. Nadia and Ghibli's similarly themed Laputa both features an engineer as the male protagonist.

In Gundam, there have been a few that would also qualified:

1. Amuro Rey, an gear head even before fate placed him in the cockpit of RX78-2. Help in designing in his last mobile suit RX93 Nu Gundam.

2. Camille Vidam, like Amuro, a gear head prior to getting into RX178 Gundam Mk. II. Help in designing Zeta Gundam.

Are there more that qualified, heroes and villains who's an engineer and pilot?