Diglettdig@aol.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:23:03 EDT

in that case, its cool. i thought you were chewing me up for nothing ^_^

--bob

<< My rant was mainly aimed at ArmorofDoom. Now I agree that if there's a
 legitimate reason to complain (such as with Escaflowne) I don't mind... But
 when it's people who are completely prebiased against ALL dubs and and
 follow the belief of 'If it's dubbed, it's cr*p," then I'm tired of it...
 Now Bob (Diggletdig@aol.com) has put out valid arguments, and I'm not
 ranting at him. But ArmorofDoom is spouting the same old eletist tripe that
 all of the SubSnobs have been spouting for over ten years. I Prefer subs
 myself, but I also realize the economic and cultural reasons that the dubs
 are there. Many people prefer Dubs, because they don't have to concentrate
 on reading the subtitles, the subtitles don't obscure the action... And
 they're cheaper, because the companies know that they'll sell more Dubbed
 copies than subbed. As for the television broadcasts, people, there is NO
 CHANCE IN HELL that a TV broadcast is ever going to be subtitled rather than
 dubbed. People WILL NOT watch subtitles. It's the same reason that movies
 are always shown in pan and Scan on TV. People don't like Widescreen.
 Therfore, the only place you see widescreen on tv are the channels that
 cater to movie fans (AMC, TCM) or the Sci Fi channel (They're taking a hell
 of an impressive risk with B5 in widescreen...)

 Ok... End Rant.>>