BlazeEagle@aol.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:10:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/00 11:47:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Diglettdig@aol.com writes:

<< uh, the gundam dubs *are* bad...but im biased, i dont like dubs period. Im
not going to rant (because that's the last thing anyone wants to hear) but i
still dont like the idea. >>

   Then don't watch it when it's shown on CN. Buy the subbed version when
it's released of First Gundam, simple as that. Besides, 0080 and 0083 are
already available in a subbed format. To me they are fine and to you they are
bad, fine with me, each has their own opinion. I don't think showing Gundam
subtitled on CN, would go over well with most Americans. With a dub, it's
easier to focus on the action, character development, character interaction,
etc. When I buy anime, I usually buy dubs, as they are cheaper, but now that
there are DVD's, I can get subs at a decent price, not to mention usually 4
episodes a DVD. Anime shown on American TV will always be dubbed. People need
to complain about the dub voices, not the idea of dubbing. Dubbing done right
is fine, its not fine when the voices are bad. See my view point on sub/dub?
Dubbing is NOT bad per say, it's the quality of the dubbing that matters, not
"Oh, it's a dub, it must be crap."

Aaron