Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:19:53 -0700

>Well in one sense can you blame Steve for keeping him in the band? I mean
>let's face it Adrian and Bruce both bailed on him before so he is keeping
>a backup in case they take off again.

LOL, in that case he should keep Blaze Bailey in the band too. Hell, if
they got 3 guitarists, why not 2 vocalists?

>But honestly Maiden is the only chance they have of a future in the music
>industry, and even that is a longshot.

Yeap, Bruce's solo career went nowhere, even when Adrian joined his band.

>I mean yeah metal is "supposedly" coming back. But honestly I haven't
>seen old school metal coming back very successfully.

I think last year all these 80s hair bands were supposedly making a comeback
- Ratt and their Sunset Strip brethrens, but as far as I know it didn't pan
out. Bruce did make a rather amusing speech at Sunday night's show though,
saying that they are still up on the stage because the fans are still here,
unlike these other bands which are now pumping gas or bagging grocery at
supermarkets. He's also promised to return with another album, so hopefully
it will be even better than this one.

>Now everyone flocks to the new breed of metal.

Does it even exist? After grunge died, there's really no "metal" bands
left. You can't really call bands like Limp Bizkt "metal".

>They can't seem to appreciate a band that doesn't have to downtune until
>their strings are like rubberbands to be heavy. I have been listening to
>some old Maiden recently, and honestly their music takes a lot more talent
>then the newer breed of metal.

Yeah, these days it's a riffer with a lead guitarist. No one knows how to
play harmony parts anymore.

>I am not saying that only old music is good, but honestly all of the
>recent bands are one hit wonders if they are lucky, and bargain bin
>buddies if they aren't.
>
>Jason

Hmmm... I don't think I even bought a new CD from a new artist for the
last 5 years!

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0