MS06ZAK@aol.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:01:43 EDT

In a message dated Tue, 12 Sep 2000 3:06:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Edward Ju <gundam@loop.com> writes:

<< Now if they could just get rid of Gers... I didn't like any of the 4 songs
he wrote on the new album.

Eddie>>

Well in one sense can you blame Steve for keeping him in the band? I mean let's face it Adrian and Bruce both bailed on him before so he is keeping a backup in case they take off again. But honestly Maiden is the only chance they have of a future in the music industry, and even that is a longshot. I mean yeah metal is "supposedly" coming back. But honestly I haven't seen old school metal coming back very successfully. Now everyone flocks to the new breed of metal. They can't seem to appreciate a band that doesn't have to downtune until their strings are like rubberbands to be heavy. I have been listening to some old Maiden recently, and honestly their music takes a lot more talent then the newer breed of metal. I am not saying that only old music is good, but honestly all of the recent bands are one hit wonders if they are lucky, and bargain bin buddies if they aren't.

Jason