Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:24:41 -0700

If they cannot handel UC Gundam, so be it. I mean Wing has more complicated
political plot than UC Gundam, so if they have no problem following Wing
plot, what's not to like about UC? The only possible turn off I can see are
the female Wing fans who was specificially target by Wing with it's pretty
boys protaganists, UC does not have any of that.

> For example,most people i know who started watching Wing were the Voltron
> fans of old. Voltron was mad sentai-ish,and Gundam has some
> similar elements. The 5 superhero-ish main characters and their nigh
> invincible Gundams are
> very reminiscant of Voltron(or Go-Lion as it is in japan). People in the
> mainstream have learned to accept Voltron to some degree and think mecha
> shows are all like that(take another bunch of somewhat current shows like
> Power Rangers and Mighty Morphin Beetle Borgs). The very militaristicly
> themed UC era gundam series might too much for them.

Like I said, the exposure of unadulaterated UC Gundam on Cartoon Network can
only be a good thing. Don't blame CN for dubbing, Bandai is the one
handling the dubs.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]