Echo|Fox (echofox@wingzero.net)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:08:58 -0700

From
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid968731962,74843,

Gundam Tops Anime Poll (9/11/2000)
Source: Anime Colony

In one of the largest Japanese anime polls ever, fans rated Gundam as the
top anime series and Doraemon, the blue robotic cat, as their favorite
character. The subscription TV channel Animax conducted the Anime Best 100
Poll in conjunction with Brutus, a men's lifestyle magazine, and Tsutaya,
Japan's largest video rental chain.

The poll, part of Animax's two-year anniversary event, surveyed nearly
200,000 fans. A summary of results follows.

Best All-Time Anime

1. Gundam
2. Lupin III
3. Doraemon
4. Dragon Ball
5. Galaxy Express 999
6. Heidi, Girl of the Alps
7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
8. Kyojin No Hoshi
9. Ashita No Joe
10. Detective Conan

Most Popular Character

1. Doraemon
2. Lupin III
3. Songokuu (Dragon Ball)
4. Char (Gundam)
5. Amuro Rei (Gundam)
6. Yabuki Joe (Ashita No Joe)
7. Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)
8. Pikachu (Pokemon)
9. Edogawa Conan (Detective Conan)
10. Atom (Astro Boy)
11. Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind)
12. Lum (Urusei Yatsura)

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler