Alfred Urrutia (ledzep@d2.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:17:30 -0700

Brett Jensen wrote:

> Iron maiden has a different singer than Bruce Dickenson these days don't they? I
> don't know I'd like that.

No, Bruce is back. With short hair. And as of the last tour they had kept one of the
non-Bruce line-up guitarists so that they had three of them. Pretty cool live.

> I'm plenty worried with all the political blathering about violence in media today,
> It's like F**king Columbine all over again. And don't think this will just affect
> games and music, Anime could very well be affected by this new wave of hysteria. It
> stinks like what happened to the comic book industry in the 50s. Pretty soon all
> we'll be able to watch is Care Bears!

Yes, we will be "saved from ourselves" by a bunch of self-righteous prudes who don't
even know anything about the things they are condemning. The only reason they've left
anime alone, from what I can tell, is because we (the U.S.) don't make it so they can't
control it and it's not commonly known in middle America so they're too busy
persecuting gays and liberals to even notice La Blue Girl.

Alfred.

--
"They could also have included all the Pink's you could eat, an
 interactive Kirk hologram and a Mayflower truck full of Asian whores,

- Crom, on Clu's bemoaning a lost contract opportunity at Disney