Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:16:05 -0700

>Edward Ju wrote:
>
>> I'm just glad all the assholes who tried to sue Judas Priest and Ozzy
>> failed, miserably. Otherwise I wouldn't have the pleasure of hearing
>> Rob Halford's new metal band opening for Maiden last night. :) They
>> will be playing San Diego on Tuesday night and Universal Amphitheater
>> on Wednesday night, along with Queensryche. All 3 bands were in top
>> form, it was a kickass show. Those in the area should go check them
>> out.
>
>Cool. I saw Judas Priest during the Painkiller tour (Megadeth opened, I've
>seen them
>twice now), Man that guy could break glass with his voice... awesome! So
>his new
>band is good then?

Dude, I saw Priest on that show too! That was definitely one great show.

Halford's new songs off his new solo album is definitely heavy - we're
talking about at least as good as the heavier songs off Painkiller. He's
not trying to be someone who he isn't like when he did Fight and the
industrial stuff. Now he's got 2 guitar players and both are very young,
so they're hungry and full of fire. It was funny to see them becoming
totally relaxed when playing old Priest songs like "Breaking the Law".

>Iron maiden has a different singer than Bruce Dickenson these days don't
>they? I
>don't know I'd like that.

No, Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith both have returned. Now the band has
three guitar players (Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and Janick Gerrs).
They did a quickie tour last year before recording the new album, and I
saw them during that tour. They sounded like crap then and I was ready to
write them off as has-beens, but last night they proved me wrong. I didn't
even want to go to last night's show, but my friend bought the tickets and
dragged me there, so I was glad that I went in the end.

>I'm plenty worried with all the political blathering about violence in
>media today,
>It's like F**king Columbine all over again. And don't think this will just
>affect
>games and music, Anime could very well be affected by this new wave of
>hysteria. It
>stinks like what happened to the comic book industry in the 50s. Pretty
>soon all
>we'll be able to watch is Care Bears!

Or, heavens forbid, BARNEY!

>---Brett "Hell bent, hell bent for leather!" Jensen

Eddie "Up the Irons" Ju

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0