Alfred Urrutia (ledzep@d2.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:15:38 -0700

Richie Ramos wrote:

> simple:
>
> it's the way it's told, and the viewpoint of it. That's all how everything
> boils down to isn't it?

To you and me, yes. But we're not representative of the overreacting PC retards
out there that complain about everything and can't take responsibility for
raising their own children and feel that they have tell others what they can and
can't see/hear/taste/smell. They're the ones that think all anime is tentacle
rape and nudity, like the asses at the Disneyland Hotel and Convention Center,
right? And who's to say that just because a story about war and death is told
well and is written well that it won't still help turn a kid violent? So you
take your chances.

> and there may not be legions of brain damaged kids, but there are sure
> enough of them to make a lot of my relatives think about sending their
> kidds back to my country to make them live in a safe environment. Which is
> funny since my country always seems to be on the brink of disaster.

So your relatives would extrapolate a piddling percentage of dorks into a
majority? My mom is like that, always telling me to not go out at night ever to
parties and stores and such because all she sees on the news is the 2 or 3
violent incidents a night that happen in L.A. She doesn't realize that they
*don't* report the millions of bland non-violent happening going on every night
here because it would take forever and nobody would care, it's not "news". So
she thinks that crap happens all the time and I'm just lucky I'm still alive,
like I'm driving through Bagdad during Desert Shield or something.

Alfred.

--
"They could also have included all the Pink's you could eat, an
 interactive Kirk hologram and a Mayflower truck full of Asian whores,

- Crom, on Clu's bemoaning a lost contract opportunity at Disney