Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:46:27 -0700

>It's struck me that apart from it's cousins the Zaku, Dom,Gelgoog, and even
>the Gyan,the Gouf never really had systems that were incorporated in later
>Mobile Suits. In other words, it never 'evolved'. Why was the Gouf so
>unsucessful?

I think it was just a quickie solution upon seeing that the Feds have an
uber MS. You can see that the Gouf is really just a beefed up Zaku II.
Even the older kits of it would say it was an "Improved & Enhanced" model,
obviously referring to it as a variant from the Zaku family.

The Gouf was originally developed for close range melee, so you can see its
role is narrowly and clearly defined. As the later designs came out (Dom,
Gelgoog) the Gouf has outlived its purpose and were promptly abandoned.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0