Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:19:43 +0800

>uh...what's even funnier is that it seems to happen
>only exclusively and large-scale in the US. when you
>say "modern society", it clearly does not include
>other countries, does it? ;) individual psychosis
>has a lot to do with it, but don't discount culture
>altogether. (yes, i'm saying nature and nurture go
>hand in hand.)
>
>-garr
>will happily continue playing shooter games and watch
>violent toons...

For once, garrick and I are in agreement. Here in the Philippines, seeing
kids play shoot 'em up has become disturbing because of the fact that
outside the major cities and provincial centers, it's still a war going on,
and for various reasons. The durndest thing though, is that it's actually
fun because the kids (most of the ones I've talked to anyway) know that
it's just a game...and yet kids are always reported as playing with guns
and then shooting themselves or a playmate. News like that hits the paper
on an average of about once a month or so in various publications. So I
guess it really means that parents have to be guiding their kids.

flashlight.

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486
fax: (632) 4167479