Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:25:39 +0800

>What is the difference? WB and MGM cartoons were not meant for children,
>either. No harm. Really, do you believe that no kids have seen Beavis and
>CD cartoons? No. Then where are the legions of emotionally damaged kids?
>Where are the outcries from parents about their violent, unmanagable
>children who were exposed to those visually toxic cartoons that ruined them
>beyond all hope? They're not out there because those shows are basically
>harmless given a minimum of parental influence. Worry about something that
>is actually dangerous. Beavis and Butthead cartoons are about two simpleton
>dorks who screw around in their own neighborhoods. Gundam is an anime
>series that depicts a solar system spanning war affecting most of humanity
>and includes colony drops on Earth, nukes, destruction and death on a grand
>scale. Now, based on those two descriptions you tell me which one a casual
>observer would consider more harmful.
>Alfred.

simple:

it's the way it's told, and the viewpoint of it. That's all how everything
boils down to isn't it?

and there may not be legions of brain damaged kids, but there are sure
enough of them to make a lot of my relatives think about sending their
kidds back to my country to make them live in a safe environment. Which is
funny since my country always seems to be on the brink of disaster.

flashlight.

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486
fax: (632) 4167479