Alfred Urrutia (ledzep@d2.com)
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 22:52:19 -0700

garrick lee wrote:

> uh...what's even funnier is that it seems to happen
> only exclusively and large-scale in the US. when you
> say "modern society", it clearly does not include
> other countries, does it? ;) individual psychosis
> has a lot to do with it, but don't discount culture
> altogether. (yes, i'm saying nature and nurture go
> hand in hand.)

Yes, this country has a host or whiner problems. We are taught to blame
everybody but ourselves for our problems and bad luck. Where else can
you find so many people who are so fat that they can't get out of their
beds? Where else can you find people who think it's a perfectly
acceptable reaction to shoot at everyone in their workplace for whatever
reason? Where else can you find people who are more concerned with the
health and well-being of pets and wild animals than with the suffering
of the homeless and abused members of their own immediate society? No
one is an asshole anymore. Oh no, they are victims of some new as
little as 5 years ago syndrome or mental imbalance which makes it ok for
them to disregard others or react violently or whatever. We have people
here who think that just because somebody before them has gotten rich
through some frivolous lawsuit that that means that they have some right
to be rich, too. Other countries don't have this diversity of jackasses
who are trying to get the absolute most for the absolute minimum effort
and bitching about it the whole way. Imagine how different our favorite
anime shows would be if the characters were based on these oxygen
thieves.

Alfred.

--
"They could also have included all the Pink's you could eat, an
 interactive Kirk hologram and a Mayflower truck full of Asian whores,

- Crom, on Clu's bemoaning a lost contract opportunity at Disney