garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 22:42:53 -0700 (PDT)

> I do, however, think it is funny that in the face of
> these
> atrocities, people think that our modern society has
> become too
> violent due to TV and video games! I mean a few kids
> blowing away
> their classmates because they are unbalanced, is
> certainly awful, but
> it is not like a feudal lord putting an entire town
> to death because
> someone forgot to wash his horse properly.

uh...what's even funnier is that it seems to happen
only exclusively and large-scale in the US. when you
say "modern society", it clearly does not include
other countries, does it? ;) individual psychosis
has a lot to do with it, but don't discount culture
altogether. (yes, i'm saying nature and nurture go
hand in hand.)

-garr
will happily continue playing shooter games and watch
violent toons...