garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brett Jensen <heero@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Richie Ramos wrote:
>
> > >Exactly my point. I don't really agree with the
> assertion that U.S. cartoon
> >
> > >violence is more realistic than anime violence.
> Heck, when was the last
> > >time you saw blood in a U.S. cartoon?
> > >Eddie
> >
> > Now that I think of it, I haven't really....
>
> Extreme Ghostbusters (which despite the purile name
> is actually pretty good) this
> morning. They were parodying RL. Stein's goosebumps
> books, and Clive Barker's
> Hellraiser of all things!
>
> Quite a bit of blood on the floor, and implied
> disfigurement. of course they get
> away with it by making everything go back to normal
> once a ghost is busted...bah.
> still I was pretty suprised.

ack! i remember that episode! i think i have all the
episodes on tape. :)

actually, if you pay attention to extreme
ghostbusters, the toon gets away with a lot more
wisecracking and politically incorrect things than the
original cartoon did.

and yes, the real ghostbusters cartoon was kinda scary
sometimes. i personally find the bogeyman kinda icky
in that show.

regardless...death and violence were pretty much open
themes in both ghostbuster shows, and i'm sure the
kids who watched them all the time didn't necessarily
turn out to be psychos. case in point: me. :P (no
comments from the peanut gallery, now).

-garr