Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:15:08 -0700

Richie Ramos wrote:

> but there it goes. I don't mind people our age (mental or otherwise) seeing
> this, but when it comes to kids, it's a different story. I suppose that means
> someone like us, who can understand the story, should be there to tell them
> how it works. I don't mean to say that we should not have cartoons like this,
> but there should be some sort of guidance. In other words, education on this
> sort of humor to go with it. On that I think we agree.

Dude, I grew up on Tom and Jerry and all the good old WB stuff and I have not Shot
anyone in the face with a shotgun (despite an unlocked Gun cabinet full of em), or
burnt their asses with a Iron, or stuck a firecracker in their mouths or anything
else of that manner.

I will buy that Cartoons like GI Joe can be harmful though, if the kid has stupid
parents who deny the existance of death and war to their children. (touchy feely
types)

It all comes down to parenting... You don't see 1000s of little Crayon Shin chans
running around Tokyo do you? People in the states don't give kids enough credit, and
Parents in the US are too interested in both parents working even if they don't
"need" to, so they can have 2 cars and a boat. They don't have time to actually
raise their kids!

---Brett Jensen