Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 07:11:13 GMT

> Exactly. If one cannot tell reality from fantasy, then they are insane. One

>shouldn't blame a media for a person's actions or behaviors. That's why I get

>so sick of some in the media and parent's groups blame Video Games for teen

>and child violence. It's up to the parent's to see that their kids turn out

>right, not the government, not "Child Protection Groups," etc. If a child is

>taught at the apporite age, what is real and what is fantasy, the stuff like

>Looney Toons, Tom and Jerry, will not "warp" a kids mind, if he/she is taught

>properly.
>Aaron

That's precisely my point -- one of information, anyway, when it comes to this
specific part of the discussion. I agree with Alfred and Aaron that media always
gets a bum rap, but face facts, media also has to point out to parents that
they are also responsible. it's just so stupid that parents themselves think
that it's media's job, not theirs, when it is their guidance that children will
rely on, since children havea somewhat shaky view of reality, specially in
the formative years.

great discussion here.

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.