Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 20:10:59 -0500

Mark Simmons wrote:

<snip>

> In other words: Rather than being Daikun followers who flee the solar
> system because they're being persecuted, I suggest your heroes should be
> people who adopt Daikun's ideology because they've already decided to
> leave the solar system. Rather than a single colonial alliance, they'd be
> targeted by countless feuding space nations who see this threat to the
> status quo as a greater problem than their ongoing rivalries with each
> other...
>
> Naturally, it's your story and you can set it up however you like.
> Maybe you'll find some of these suggestions helpful, though...
>
> -- Mark

just a thought.. in V gundam Minovsky drive of the V gundam2 could
propel the Ms to fairly high sub-light speed.. prhaps in this UC
continuatoin further reaserch has developed (depending on how well you
can juggle the physics and your ability to suspend diselief) either an
FTL drive or a near FTL drive capable of reaching nearby star systems
possibly for colinization.. the ship equipped with this could be a
heavily modified colony cylinder wit extra resources devoted ot
self-maintenacnce and maintaining a smal defense fleet.. the persecution
comes from feuding states wanting ot sabotauge this missioin either
before it leaves the solar system or chase it down with stolen examples
of the FTL technology to prevent others from folowing their example and
thus depleating the population basees for each faction thus drastically
weakening them

-Les

--
                                  -Balki Bartokamouse