Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 19:00:08 -0400

www.gundamproject.com is your best source for everything, written by Mark
Simmons who is also a member of this list. Also, the ever-growing
www.Gundamlounge.com has video clips of other series and battle/alliance
guides which are quite interesting. It's also the only Gundam site to be
attacked by a movie critic, but I won't get into that :)
  Anyhow, here's a basic rundown of the chronology of Gundam, and also the
availability of each Animated series.

Universal Century Timeline
--------------------------
Mobile Suit Gundam(1979) TV series and compilation movies. The Compilation
movies are currently available from Bandai, and there are plans to release
the full TV series on TV. Animation is outdated(Although there are some
pretty nice scenes in the movies)
Gundam:The 08th MS Team(1996-1999)OAV series, one compilation movie. Coming
next year(Originally slated for this year). Romance, retcons, mobile armors,
and jungle warfare. Some of the best animation in all of Gundam, IMHO
Gundam 0080:War In The Pocket(1989)OAV series. First Gundam OAV series goes
back to the one year war and deals with a young boy who befriends a Zeon
soldier on a mission to destroy the Gundam. Available on video.
Gundam 0083:Stardust Memory(1991)OAV series and compilation movie. Explains
the origins of Zeta Gundam's main antagonists, the Titans. Available on
video.
Z Gundam(1984)TV series. First Gundam sequel, with some real suprises. Most
of the original cast of MSG returns, but mostly in bit parts.Leads straight
into ZZ Gundam. Considered to be the best Gundam series by many.
ZZ Gundam(1986)TV series. Somewhat comedic sequel to Z Gundam, with a group
of colony citizens piloting AEUG's three Gundams.
Char's Counterattack(1988)Movie. Char(From MSG) leads attacks against the
Earth and old rival Amuro Ray with a new Zeon faction.
Gundam F91(1990) movie. Thirty years after CC, a new enemy threathens the
Earth Federation.
V Gundam(1993) TV series The farthest UC Gundam anime, this takes place 30
years after counterattack. A militia takes up arms against a group of
religious zealots.

FC Timeline
-----------
G Gundam(1994)TV seriesSince V Gundam wasn't turning much of a profit, it
was decided to redo the entire franchise. This was the first attempt, a
somewhat wacky series in which Gundams are used as fighters in
street-fighter like duels.

AC Timeline
------------------
Gundam Wing(1995)Tv series. No need to explain this one.
Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz(1997)OAV and compilation movie. Sequel to the
popular TV series, and the shortest Gundam OAV by far at only 3 episodes.

AW Timeline
Gundam X(1996)TV series-least sucessful of the Gundam series features
deriative mech designs and a weak story, but isn't entirely without it's
merits.

CC Timeline

Turn A Gundam(1999)TV series. This series shocked many with it's bizzare
mech designs and radically different concepts. Opinion is mixed.