Alex Perez (bigtallgeese@altavista.com)
7 Sep 2000 13:53:30 -0700

On Thu, 07 September 2000, Mark Simmons wrote:

>>So where does Gundam Wing fit? This sounds crazy, but I think it might
be pre-UC. There's a living eyewitness to it (Coren Nander, who's been in
cold sleep for centuries), but no other physical evidence or buried
mobile suits. And it's tough to fit it in between UC, AC, FC, and Turn A
eras, which othrwise fit together seamlessly. Given Gundam Wing's close
ties to modern-day cultures, nations, and places, and the fact that it
leaves the Earth in more or less the same condition it found it in - no
colony-fall damage, no intact mobile suits - it's possible that it could
have taken place _before_ the dawn of the UC era. In which case Coren
Nander is millennia old. :-)>>>

Wait, who the heck is Coren Nander? I don't remember him from the Turn A series (unless he was in the last episodes I missed). Was he in a novel or manga? At any rate, I completely agree with the "tv show" scenario, because if we'll remember at the end of EW, according to the narrator, "mobile suits never appeared again." If AC was pre-UC, then that would totally contradict the narrator! So I definitely prefer the "tv show" scenario, even though it would totally be a Macross rip-off if anyone here knows what I mean. If not, I'm talking about how they stuck Macross: DYRL The Movie in as a "dramatization" of the "real events" in Macross TV series. Kinda lame, but very creative. And considering both (Macross and Gundam) are Bandai-produced, I wouldn't be shocked..