Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 23:58:44 -0700

Roland Thigpen wrote:

> BGC Tokyo 2040 as well, was not designed for American audiences. It was created to do with the series what the original creators really wanted from the original OAV.

BS! That's what creators always say when they are milking the cash cow of their past creations. Look at the Star wars special edition... or worse the Phantom menace. Even if it is true, it isn't nessisarily a good thing.

> It's fandom here in America is purely a side effect,

If I remember correctly, ADV helped finance the bloody thing, just like (the truly awful) Burn up W.

> Of the ones you mentioned, the only one that I know of that had significant American backing was the new Sol Bianca OVA, The Legacy. Pioneer is helping finance and create it.

Pioneer is a JAPANESE COMPANY.

---Brett Jensen