Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:45:57 -0700

James Gority wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Quick question, does anybody know of, or has converted any tabletop
> miniature based games to the Gundam Universe, i.e. something along the
> lines of BattleTech or Heavy Gear?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim G.

There's a Japanese rule set called Gundam Senki that, from what I've heard,
uses the exact same rules as Mekton Zeta. You could probably get a copy of the
rules from Japan, since it hasn't been out that long, but if you can't read
Japanese, you'd need to have a copy of the Mekton Zeta rules (which are
currently out of print, and going for $50 or more on e-bay, although R. Tal is
supposed to have a reprint within the next few months). If you had a copy of
Mekton Zeta, it would simply be a matter of transferring the numbers from one
system to the next, with no conversions, or anything of that nature, due to the
fact that its the same rules set.

junior