Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:31:50 -0500

Richie Ramos wrote:

> >Yes that's right. It saves time when you have to abandon ship in a hurry.
>
> > If I were captain, I would also request that the ship be decompressorized
>
> >(sp?) before combat in case of a hull breach, this will prevent any of the
>
> >crew from being sucked out in to space.
>
> This actually makes sense. the problem would be the air supply hoses to the
> normal suits though...I mean, would it be that everyone has their own tanks?
> that would be unwieldy.

then again you don't see the White Base crew trailing air-hoses behind
them.. prehaps instead of full-blown airtanks they have some sort of CO2
scrubber/air-recycler built into the suits or in smaller backpacks.
wouldn't last as long as the tanks but could get you through most combat
sorties and/or last long enough to get you to the nearest air-supply

-Les

--
                                  -Balki Bartokamouse