Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
6 Sep 2000 15:22:31 -0000

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 11:15:40 EDT MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:

>As for the Classic Trilogy, there is a great new series of books coming out, from Del Rey, called The New Jedi Order. There have been some real serious tragedies in this series, but it is REALLY taking Star Wars into interesting new territory. Unlike the previous Bantam series, there is a consistant story arc that has been carefully planned out for the whole book line, so you don't have the generic interchangeability of the previous books from Bantam. Also they aren't afraid to kill off EXTREMELY MAJOR characters, as they do in the very first book Vector Prime. They have taken away the safety net, of the previous books. There is no guaranteed predictable victory in site. And the new Enemy makes the Empire look like the Tooth Fairy Army. If you have more questions e-mail me privately.
>
>Jason

Agreed, this is a very good series so far. And what I find very enjoyable about it is that one of my favorite authors, RA Salvatore wrote the first of the New Jedi Order novels. Although I still think this new enemy is a little too much like the enemy from the Black Fleet Crisis books. Yes, there are differences, but there is also alot of similarity between the two.

Roland