Alex Perez (bigtallgeese@altavista.com)
6 Sep 2000 01:27:28 -0700

Just finished Gundam EW for the 4th time, still awesome! I have some questions, though...

1) At the end, when the Gundam pilots weren't willing to kill Marimea's troops, wasn't their "noble" peace effort become kind of moot when Heero and Wing Zero appear and just Buster Rifle everyone to hell?!

2) I have read in some places that Dorothy Catalonia appears in the EW movie version, and she's sort of a good guy, not at all like the psycho who stabbed Quatre, can anyone confirm this?

3) Speaking of which, who was the "leader" of the Gundams? Heero or Quatre? My take is that, Quatre was pretty much the leader of Duo and Trowa, but Heero and Wu Fei pretty much did whatever they wanted..

4) Does anyone here think Lady Une may resent Wu Fei for killing Treize?

5) Wasn't it a bit convenient that Relena sent Zechs out into space before he and Heero could get re-acquainted?! (ha ha)

6) Is it just me, or is all of Gundam Wing and EW devoid of on-screen romance?! Unless I fell asleep, I saw not a single kiss in the entire series. What's up with that? Of course you can make the argument that they're all just kids... but then again Turn A has kids, too, and there's some romance in that series. Is there another Gundam series out there with no on-screen romance??

7) Though there are no apparent m/f relationships in Wing, there are a lot of implied or hinted ones, or so I believe. Feel free to speak your mind on these "relationships," imagined or real?

a) Relena + Heero - Pretty damn obvious! It's amazing how much the Yaoi/Shonen-ai sites try to shoot this one down, implying that Heero likes Duo more than Relena (WTF?!) True, R & H never kiss, though they were VERY close in episode 48 (next to last episode), when they were in the space suits. And of course, there was the cute "collapsing into your arms" end of EW. I know some people will say, "Look he left her at the end of EW"! I counter, "How do you know he isn't coming back"?!

b) Noin + Zechs - Also an obvious one, actually I think this one is the most apparent and open. Then again Noin and Zechs aren't teen agers...

c) Lady Une + Treize - See b)

d) Hilde + Duo - I would like to think this is a somewhat romantic relationship. I have trouble believing that they are more brother and sister than boyfriend/girlfriend because they live together, and apparently have lived together for 2 years, from the end of the series to EW. (Teenage guy + teenage girl living together folks, need I explain what goes on?!) Also, Duo's nightmare when he killed Hilde with Wing Zero and his reaction when she almost died getting the disk indicates that these kids probably like each other.

e) Sally + Wu Fei - I don't know about this one. It seems like Sally likes Wu Fei, as she looks happy at the end of EW with Wu Fei, don't know if he likes her. Heck, does Wu Fei like anyone??

f) Trowa + Catherine - Again, I don't know what to make of this. Of course there's the Episode Zero, where it is implies they are truly blood relatives, but if we throw that out who knows?! They seem to care about each other, that much is certain

[NOTE: Given how many on this list insist I throw out the epilogue in criticising 08th MS Team, I sure as hell have the right to "remove" Episode Zero from the AC continuity!]

g) Quatre + Dorothy - Not really a relationship, but sort of alter egos, two sides of the same coin. Just a question... Have they met before the series or something? Because how do they know each other's names when they "battle" each other with the Zero system??

Well, there's my view of the infamous Gundam couples. Feel free to bash, refute, or add to these views.