Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 05:22:55 GMT

>>Too bad, I'd love to get my hands on one of them but thats more money than

>>I'm ever spending on an 8" piece of plastic.
>>On an unrelated note, anybody else get quite aggravated with the illegal
>>Gundam stuff (CD's with real video episodes, fansubs, you name it), blatant

>>lies (old F91 kits "JUST RELEASED IN JAPAN!!!!!" ... "LIMITED EDITION!
>>RARE!!!" MG kits which are still in production, and people sticking
>>GUNDAM!!! in the title of everything from Patlabor to battle beasts (i shit

>>you not).

In the case of the old musha cloth gundams, i would say that it's a real rip
off, but then, what price do you put on memories and wants? I guess that's
why it can get to those ridiculous prices.

>Heh, a certain seller even directly copied my eBay auctions for old BB Senshi

>kits for his auctions of the SD G Generation-Zero kits, blatantly calling
>them "rarely reissued" and "extremely hard to find" when you can see these

>on eBay every night for 3 to 5 bucks. What a cr%#$ of $h!t! Here's what the

>cheating liar wrote back (e-mail address not changed because the guilty need

>not be protected):
>>Date: 2 Sep 00 05:02:13 EDT
>>From: Sherman <s_sherman@usa.net>
>>Subject: Re: [eBay item #422687507]
>>Hi ! I am bbamomo
>>First, thankyou for your comment.
>>Second, I want to tell you I am living in Canada (quebec)
>>not USA (any big cities). Gundam model kit are
>>"rarely reissued" and "extremely hard to find" in Quebec.
>>If you go to Canada (quebec) Please try to find it in any
>>shopping mall and tell me. OK
>>Finally, I know my english is not very well.
>>But I just find some words I want to used OK.
>>If you want to laughing me,
>>I can tell you ---"you did it"---
>>Thank You very much !
>Can you spell S-H-A-M-E-L-E-S-S? Because his English is not good it gives

>him the right to copy off people's hard work?

sounds like a true snake-oil salesman to me. personally, I steer clear of even
warning people like that that they are @$$holes, since they usually end up gypping
the wrong person...which leads to a lot of pain on their part. Karma is a great
thing.

>>I know there are quite a few companies who vigilantly watch eBay
>>for stuff like this, but for whatever reason Bandai isn't. Tack on the fact

>>that even if you email eBay, they won't take down an auction unless the
>>licenseholder owns them ...
>Yeah, it's extremely lame. eBay UK would shut down pirates, but for some
>reason eBay US are taking the "free market, hands off" approach. I e-mailed

>Bandai a while ago when I saw people selling couterfeit Endless Waltz kits,

>and their response was that this wasn't a product line sold or supported by

>Bandai of America, therefore they don't care! Now that they are planning
>to roll out EW kits, they better not cry when these kits don't sell as well

>as the Wing kits since the pirated didn't even bother to rip off old Wing
>kits.
>Eddie

Eddie, I don't know if this is true or even logical, but some word has filtered
over here in the Philippines that bandai does know about these ripoffs from
china, and in fact has a cut from them. something to do about having high cost
and lowcost production lines...weird. if this is true, then it's one of the
sneakiest, most illogical things ever done, but at the same time, is potentially
brilliant.

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.