Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 20:56:25 -0700

>Why does the world curse me so ;p
>Flipping through eBay tonight while I wait for a download to finish, and
>what do I see but the Musha Realtype Cloth ZZ Gundam. Cool? Yes. Reserve
>price? 300$. Ouch. I take it these guys are almost the Takotoku Macross
>Valkyrie's for Gundam fans... well, almost. No crazy fools paying 1500$ for
>them (yet)...

Actually I think the price on the Macross toys made by Takatoku have come
down quite a bit compared to a year or two ago, as there are less old fans
fighting over them these days. Strangely, the price on the GoDaiKin and
Musha Realtype Cloth toys have gone through the roof. These used to go
for about $100, but now I can hardly find a seller willing to open it or
set a reserve below $200.

>Too bad, I'd love to get my hands on one of them but thats more money than
>I'm ever spending on an 8" piece of plastic.
>On an unrelated note, anybody else get quite aggravated with the illegal
>Gundam stuff (CD's with real video episodes, fansubs, you name it), blatant
>lies (old F91 kits "JUST RELEASED IN JAPAN!!!!!" ... "LIMITED EDITION!
>RARE!!!" MG kits which are still in production, and people sticking
>GUNDAM!!! in the title of everything from Patlabor to battle beasts (i shit
>you not).

Heh, a certain seller even directly copied my eBay auctions for old BB Senshi
kits for his auctions of the SD G Generation-Zero kits, blatantly calling
them "rarely reissued" and "extremely hard to find" when you can see these
on eBay every night for 3 to 5 bucks. What a cr%#$ of $h!t! Here's what the
cheating liar wrote back (e-mail address not changed because the guilty need
not be protected):

>Date: 2 Sep 00 05:02:13 EDT
>From: Sherman <s_sherman@usa.net>
>Subject: Re: [eBay item #422687507]
>
>Hi ! I am bbamomo
>
>First, thankyou for your comment.
>Second, I want to tell you I am living in Canada (quebec)
>not USA (any big cities). Gundam model kit are
>"rarely reissued" and "extremely hard to find" in Quebec.
>If you go to Canada (quebec) Please try to find it in any
>shopping mall and tell me. OK
>Finally, I know my english is not very well.
>But I just find some words I want to used OK.
>If you want to laughing me,
>I can tell you ---"you did it"---
>Thank You very much !

Can you spell S-H-A-M-E-L-E-S-S? Because his English is not good it gives
him the right to copy off people's hard work?

>I know there are quite a few companies who vigilantly watch eBay
>for stuff like this, but for whatever reason Bandai isn't. Tack on the fact
>that even if you email eBay, they won't take down an auction unless the
>licenseholder owns them ...

Yeah, it's extremely lame. eBay UK would shut down pirates, but for some
reason eBay US are taking the "free market, hands off" approach. I e-mailed
Bandai a while ago when I saw people selling couterfeit Endless Waltz kits,
and their response was that this wasn't a product line sold or supported by
Bandai of America, therefore they don't care! Now that they are planning
to roll out EW kits, they better not cry when these kits don't sell as well
as the Wing kits since the pirated didn't even bother to rip off old Wing
kits.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0