Benjamin Liptak (liptak@NSPEmail.com)
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 4:46:45 -0500

Gundam Project says the humanoid concept was originally designed for
space-use with limbs that could be used for manuvering through
action/reaction so they could use less propellent than an ordinary fighter.
I don't know how good this would actually work though...

Funny thing though, I've never seen them use this theory in any of the
animations - movement is done predominantly by thrusters. And good number
of UC space MS have thrusters on arms and legs.

When MS were first used in gravity, they were less than spectactular -
mostly because of their space-use origins. If Zeon had started off
designing their new fighter on earth, I'm sure they wouldn't have chosen a
humanoid form.

-ben