R.J. Barrett (mutant@bigsky.net)
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:56:01 -0600

> The Federation have always rule both on Earth and in Space.
> Their thinking
> reflects the one size fits all mentality currently in vogue in the US
> military planner. The end results is the one size fits all GM that we see

I know this one well. My unit has a strange looking vehicle called a C,
don't know what it's actual nomecleture(sp?) is. But it's basically a small
truck with a scoop bucket on the front and a fold-down backhoe on the back.
Silliest thing I've seen. It's better suited for digging fighting positions
and hasty defense lines. The Army expects us to use it like a standard
backhoe. Probably would have been cheaper to buy a regular backhoe and paint
it green. But hey, I'm just a lowly private.

R.J.