Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:32:18 +0800

>Although I can show disrespect towards anything I want, I wasn't showing
>disrespect to the Arizona, I was being irritated by the idea, still, that
>Disney would change the ships to make it more "American" or something,
>especially considering that the Arizona is a war memorial and it would be a
>lot harder to explain to the families of the dead how they went about
>clearing out the corpses. The Yamato, as far as I know, isn't a memorial
>so moving those dead sailors could be a little more accepted.
>Please do not read into what I write, just read what I write.
>Alfred.

hmmm. Psych criticism renders the first half of the last sentence
impossible, but never mind. I think it depends on treatment. The Yamato
is also considered a war memorial of sorts. it's just that it's under a
few thousand tons of seawater. I think the question here is how is it
going to be used in the film. The Yamato has always been treated with
respect by Leiji Matsumoto, so he doesn't get any flak for it.

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486