Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:17:00 +0800

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>mariah carey doing a macross soundtrack?
>
>good god, NO! that woman can't sing worth squat.
>
>employing her, uhm, "talent" (at wailing incoherently,
>that is) would be a great insult to macross. ok, so
>i'm biased. they should just get mari ijima to do a
>reprise and be done with it.

*one more biased comment*
heck...I wonder if she'll be doing Macross MTVs with little or no clothes...brrrrrrr...
to garrick and all loyal macross fans, let's protect macross from desecration! ^_^

>anyway...what's wrong with anime on cel?
>
>what is so undeniably good about live-action films
>that anime has to be "upgraded"? it's all good as it
>is. we get less talentless pretty faces hamming it up
>on cel.
>
>-garr

yeah, and if they (cel-anime) flop, at least they won't be crying that much over the budget. what's more is that they (cel-anime) can do "spectacular" effects without making it look awkward and blowing the budget up by using loads of CG (or computer assistance, at least).