Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 05:31:12 GMT

>True, but this presumes that you're using electricity generated by the fusion

>reactor to generate the heat, not tapping the heat of the fusion reactor
>directly. I've always assumed a direct heat transfer, mainly because it was
so
>much more, well, direct.
>It's always been noted that the fusion reactor supplies electrical power for
the
>MS in addition to direct heat application to the propellant for the rockets,
but
>I don't recall seeing the mechanism for that every being laid out anywhere.
 Is
>there a steam turbine somewhere in there or is it a yet-to-be-invented array
of
>thermoelectric cells?

I was thinking of something more low tech: a heating coil within the blade,
the blade being made of either an alloy or a ceramic alloy which has a high
thermal point and is extremely durable. A high-strength crystalline lattice
coating on a base material that is stiff and extremely durable, perhaps? I
am not a materials expert, sorry. As for the power to the heating coil, I was
thinking of a direct link from the hand to the handle of the heat hawk, like
some sort of plug or something.

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.