Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 05:03:39 GMT

>The conductivity of carbon depends on the molecular form. Anthracite (coal)
is
>not particularly conductive and graphite is used as a lubricant and insulator,

>but benzenes are fairly good conductors and diamond conducts both heat and

>electricity almost as well as copper. In general, the more developed and
>three-dimensional the crystalline lattice, the higher the conductivity. I'm
not
>up on the new and exotic carbon polymers like buckminsterfullerene or even
the
>RCC cited above, so I can't comment knowledgably, but I'd expect them to be
more
>conductive due to their higher degree of organization.
>-Z-

hmmm. guys, take a look at this site:

www.geocities.com/bahay_kubo_research

and look for Marky Llaguno. he's doing work on nanotech which could explain
some of this...

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.