-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:01:09 -0700

The conductivity of carbon depends on the molecular form. Anthracite (coal) is
not particularly conductive and graphite is used as a lubricant and insulator,
but benzenes are fairly good conductors and diamond conducts both heat and
electricity almost as well as copper. In general, the more developed and
three-dimensional the crystalline lattice, the higher the conductivity. I'm not
up on the new and exotic carbon polymers like buckminsterfullerene or even the
RCC cited above, so I can't comment knowledgably, but I'd expect them to be more
conductive due to their higher degree of organization.

-Z-