Benjamin Liptak (liptak@NSPEmail.com)
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 9:41:36 -0500

>It's probably not a metal at all, but a ceramic or >cermet. The best
material we
>have now would be reinforced carbon-carbon (RCC), >which is used for the
nose of
>the space shuttle. Tungsten carbide might also work.

I would think that ceramics would be far too brittle to use as a weapon.
It would shatter as soon as you hit something with it...

Something you have to consider is the electrical conductivity of the
material. Carbon doesn't conduct very well, and wouldn't heat up when
electrical current is applied. Someone mentioned a coating of some sort,
which could conduct - thus heating the carbon...

-ben