-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 20:55:29 -0700

My thanks to everyone for all of the positive responses to my post, both here on
the list and the many individual private replies.

Although the full extent of the damage has yet to be assessed, the consensus at
this point is that the angina was brought on by the diabetes and should not be a
problem in future so long as the diabetes is controlled. The onset has now been
redetermined at a year to 18 months and my blood sugar now maxes out at around
270 mg/dl, compared to 540 mg/dl when I was admitted, so I'm already making
progress with nothing but dietary modifications, bed rest and glucosamine.

One out of every 16 Americans has some from of diabetes, so the treatment is
very well established and there's no reason I can't resume an active lifestyle
once I've recovered from the coronary and gotten the diabetes under control.
The biggest problem with diabetes is finding out you have it; of that one-in-16
number cited above, nearly a third are as yet unaware.

Again, thank you all for your support and good wishes. My best to you and yours
in return.

-Z-