Franz Co (ms_slasher@mail.com)
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 02:06:24 -0400 (EDT)

------Original Message------
From: "ROBOTICK" <jercar@aristotle.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: August 25, 2000 10:11:21 PM GMT
Subject: [gundam] The grim reaper

>I remember Duo speaking to someone on the phone about helping >to scythe
"the wheat" later. I never really thought about it >until now. Who was he
talking to anyway? Does he call >himself "Shinigami" because Death is
usually portrayed as a >scytheman clothed in black? I thought it was just a
thing of >his for a while because he took pride in killing his enemies.
>What's the preacher's collar all about, though? What is the >literal
translation of "Shinigami"? Is it a name for Death or >does it actually
translate to mean something like "the god of >death"? Thanks for any
answers or comments.

Correct me if I'm wrong. According to EW and the mangas, Duo believes in the
God of DEAth because he has seen his(Shinigami's) handiwork. We can assume
that he then took up that name. The deathscythe was probably inspired by
Duo's meting with Dr. (whatshisname I forgot) and Duo introduced himself as
the God of Death.