Heero (zzgundam@home.com)
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:00:21 -0700

Here is an excerpt of an AC timeline that I found on the Net awhile
ago. The passage I'm includings explains about Duo's past and will
hopefully answer some of your questions. If you want the entire
timeline which gives a background on the AC events and those that lived
in it, just let me know and I can put it up on the ML or e-mail it to
you.

Peter

AC 187 A virus breaks out at L2's V08744 colony. An antidote is
developed, but is not provided to the poorer and less desirable
colonists. Among the unwanted is a gang of orphans led by a boy
named Solo; a member of his gang steals the antidote from an
Alliance base, but too late to save Solo. Dying, Solo promises to be
with his friend forever, and the seven-year-old boy thus adopts the
name "Duo." Though Duo didn't get enough antidote for himself, he
never contracts the virus, and attributes this to Solo's watching
over him.
                      Source: Endless Waltz novelization

                      After this, Duo and his fellow urchins are taken in by
V08744's Maxwell Church. While the other boys are soon placed with
foster homes, Duo ends up living at the church with the Reverend and
kindly nun Sister Helen. Since Duo refuses to have his long hair
cut, Sister Helen braids it for him. Ever the theological quibbler,
Duo maintains that he doesn't believe in God, but he believes in the
god of death as he's seen his handiwork many times in his short life.
                      Source: Endless Waltz novelization, Episode Zero

AC 188 Another uprising takes place at L2's V08744. Rebels seize the
Maxwell Church, and when the Reverend urges them to lay down their
arms and follow Heero Yuy's path of peace, they accuse him of being
an Alliance spy. The rebels agree to leave the church if Duo can
steal them a mobile suit, but when he returns to the church with his
booty, he finds that the Alliance has attacked and razed it. 245
people are killed in the "Maxwell Church Massacre," including the
Reverend and Sister Helen.
                      Source: Endless Waltz novelization, Episode Zero

AC 192 Howard and Professor G, both members of the salvage
organization known as the Sweeper Group, complete the huge space
ship Peacemillion and hide it on the lunar surface. Howard then goes
to Earth to work aboard a salvage ship, while Professor G and his
Sweeper cohorts remain in space.

                      On the return trip, the Sweepers discover a stowaway and
bring him before Professor G. The stowaway gives his name as "Duo
Maxwell." Professor G replies, "What, like Maxwell's Demon?" - to
which Duo responds, "I'm no demon, I'm the god of death!"
                      Source: Endless Waltz novelization, Episode Zero

AC 195 Aboard a Sweeper Group ship, Duo Maxwell decides he can't
stomach Operation Meteor's genocidal blueprint. He attempts to
blow up the Gundam Deathscythe and thus derail the operation, but
finds that Professor G has defused his bombs. Professor G urges Duo
to steal the Deathscythe, telling him to go to Earth and there join
forces with Howard.
                      Source: Endless Waltz, Endless Waltz novelization