BlazeEagle@aol.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:52:03 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/00 6:31:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, z@gundam.com
writes:

<< On Friday, 18 August 2000, I was stricken with a mild heart attack, a
blockage
 of a blood vessel known as angina pectoris. This was quickly and easily
 corrected with an angioplasty procedure, a sort of "roto-rooter" removal of
the
 blockage, followed by the insertion of a "stent" or tubular reinforcement of
the
 arterial wall. So far, so good, but during my hospitalization I was also
 diagnosed as having diabetes, which may indeed have been the proximiate
cause of
 my coronary problem. The diabetic imbalance is quites advanced, having gone
 undetected for at least 18 months and possibly a full two years. The
 combination of the two has kept me in the hospital until just yesterday and
 looks to keep me on bed rest and rehabilitation for at least the next
month.>>

Hope you recover okay, that's a horrible experince to go through. I had great
Grand Parent's with diabetes and they did fine, I say had because they died a
few years ago, but by natural causes, not diabetes. Both where about 90. Do
what the Doctors say and take good care of yourself. Are they putting you on
diabetes medicine?

 <<The upshot of all this is that my online activity is being severely
rationed if
 not altogether curtailed for the next two to six weeks and will have to be
 limited to no more than a few hours per day thereafter. I currently have 396
 unread messages from this list and it's not likely that I'll be reading any
but
 the most select few. My postings will likely be few and far between and not
 nearly as in-depth as is my wont, but it's still one of my favorite
pastimes, so
 you will still be hearing from me to whatever degree I'm able to
participate.>>

   Is it due to Doctors orders, your heart attack or a bit of both? Glad to
know you made it through it okay. Good to know that you will get at least a
little bit of time for online to participate in the GML. I have enjoyed your
very detailed and complex posts.

 <<Near-death experiences have a way of making one appreciate the joys in
one's
 life all the more and you lot, for all that signal to noise ratio can
sometimes
 veer tediously into the noisy end of the spectrum, have long been one a joy
in
 mine. You can help me keep my hand in by making a conscious effort to keep
 things on the signal end and make every post count.

 Be good to one another and let your enthusiam unite, not divide, you all. I,
 myself, now regret some of the things that I've posted here.

 I'm quite tired now, so I'll probably have to work through 500 message
tomorrow
 instead of the nearly 400 already on hand today, but I'll get through them
 eventually.

 Please make it worth my time. >>

  I'll try my best to make it worth your time. Is there any topics from
Gundam you'd like to see discussions of? Any special requests? Again, glad to
know you are still able to participate in the GML, even if it's once and a
while. Once and a while is better then not at all. How are you doing? I wish
you the best of luck in recovery.

Aaron