Zhao Pan (zhaopan@hotmail.com)
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:56:22 EDT

For smoothing cut-marks, I usually use an inexpensive small box-cutter.
While it costs only 1/3 of a hobby knife, it lasts at least 3 times as long.
When a portion of the box-cutter gets dull, I can twist off that portion.
While hobby knife has the advantage of reaching tiny space, I don't need to
do that a lot because I only build 1/100 kits.

Unlike most modelers, I don't use putty to fill gaps. I prefer to use
excessive glue to seal off seam lines because it gives better results.
Moreover, using putty usally requires primer or a thick-coat of paint.

To cover those shinny plastic, there's nothing better than a high-end Badger
or Testor airbrush. Expensive airbrushes give better control for painting
small surface. And the paints don't usually run. So if you don't want any
brush-marks, get an airbrush.