Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:25:36 -0700

>Do anyone knows the difference between the old and new versions of the 1/144
>Gundam Wings models? I know the new ones comes with 1/35 pilot figures. But
>i want to know the difference in terms of molding quality, colors, and
>structures of the models. Thanks a lot.

The kits are identical, you paid another 100 yen for the figure and the new
CG box art. The instruction manual has also been updated to include the
figure in the parts list and list the kit as from the "WF" series, but is
otherwise identical to the old version.

Incidentally, there is yet another "new" version to the U.S. release of
the Wing model kits - the boxes are now all printed in English and there
is no Japanese or English stickers anywhere on it, however, still no figures
as the box art is the same as the older version. Makes you wonder if they
were planning to release the figure version kits here as if they were, there
was no point in giving the old version's box a makeover. I wonder if the
mecha explanations on the assembly instruction sheet has been translated as
well - there are tons of misspellings on the box though, like "BASTER RIFLE",
"DOVER GUN", etc. Bandai of America must tried really hard to retain that
badly dubbed Asian movie feel...

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0