fsjmk (fsjmk@uaf.edu)
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:38:34 -0800

The Zeta rocks, brother. What was all the complaining about? The Zeta one is
better than the RX-78. Those shoulder arm sockets on the RX are the flimsiest
pieces of crap I've ever seen on a toy. They be ashamed to sell the thing like
that considering that it's the symbolic flagship of the entire line.

But the Zeta rocks. The cheapest parts are the nose cone-like structure you
stick inbetween the two wings, the ammo pack for the rifle, and the way the
shield connects to the arm. I'm amazed they couldn't make those things
snap-together-type accessories rather than simply having extremely cheap
peg-like attachments. But I haven't had any other problems with it. Nothing
like the horrible shoulder joint on the RX (I think the shoulder plates keep
it from popping off as easily as the RX-78's). The panel line details rock and
I love the leg posability. I can even get my Zeta to stand up unaided holding
the Hyper Mega Bazooka thing, though not quite straight. Besides the
aforementioned problems, most of which can be fixed with some glue no doubt,
the Zeta Gundam is a great MSIA. I can only imagine how much better the Zakus,
Turn-A, and Guncannon are. I sincerely hope they don't make the GM with the
same shoulder socket problems as the RX-78. Pleasepleasepleaseplease!

BTW, Rainbow 10 is a kickass store to get your action figures and models from.
Got these figures from Japan in just under a week after they told me they had
shipped them. It also took a week from the time I first contacted them to the
time they got my MSIAs in stock, which they didn't have to begin with. That's
2 weeks for the entire deal, folks! And all for the fair price of $36! Can you
beat that? Hell, no!