Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:02:47 +0800

>effective propaganda and humanity's penchant for
>stupidity in great numbers (mob mentality or hysteria)
>is a startlingly dangerous combination.
>
>-garr
>kinda hates newtypes...:P

Case In Point: The philippines. One actor wanting to be a president, and
a very loyal fan base equals my country's current situation. The Muslim
rebellion has now become a war, the communist ranks are beginning to swell
up with disgruntled students and laborers, and the right wing are spoiling
for a fight. Yippee.

These are the times when I basiclly just want to go for an easy out and get
my whole family somewhere else. I would say the United States, but after
seeing in CNN the anti-immigration movement, I think I would just be
putting my family in the same amount of danger.

Anyway...as long as there's a fool born every minute, and at least one
genius is born every month or year or so, we'll always have power hungry
people. that's why I prefer to be on guard against that...but to encourage
a fight? never.

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com

url: www.localvibe.com