garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:34:24 -0700 (PDT)

side track a bit: i'm still chewing on leslie's
theory that war is a self-imposed challenge (or
something -- correct me if i'm wrong or taking things
out of context) or a certain "next step" when survival
against the elements is assured.

i don't think it's that way. from what i can tell --
from real life history and fiction (like gundam) --
it's always the overambitious, the overzealous, the
fanatic extremists, the rabble rousers and the
eggheads with messianic complexes that cause war.

would the wars that have gone down in history have
been fought in the first place without those
historical characters? i dunno. i'm willing to bet
the average person like you or me would rather be
doing something else than fighting a war.

*starts whistling minmei's "love drifts away"* :P

effective propaganda and humanity's penchant for
stupidity in great numbers (mob mentality or hysteria)
is a startlingly dangerous combination.

-garr
kinda hates newtypes...:P