Echo|Fox (echofox@wingzero.net)
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:03:00 -0600 (MDT)

What with all the polls on favorite mobile suit designs, favorite Gundams
et all of late, we seem to be forgetting they who pilot those hunks of
metal. So here we go, name your favorite characters, and what makes them
worthy of attention.
So i'll go first:

Shiro Amada: Lead character of 08th MS Team, he's really everything a
mobile suit team leader should be. He's got skill, creativity, leadership,
and believes firmly in his own code of honor. He's a grownup compared to
many characters, and has neither newtype powers or bishounen looks on his
side, yet he believable pulled through in the end and got the girl. He
really does care about those beneath him and was repeatedly proved to be a
competent commander, as well as a solid, if not stellar, pilot. If I was
assembling a team of ground pounder mobile suits, Shiro's the man I'd call
to lead it.

Norris Packard: Of all the Gundam I've seen, Norris really comes off as
one of the best Zeon pilots out there. His use of the terrain in
his final fight against the 08th MS Team was unmatched ... never have I
seen such a perfect combination between pilot and MS (his Gouf). His
devotion to Zeon comes off as genuine, rather than forced (cough
cough Gato cough), and the father/daughter thing between he and Ayna was
nicely done. He also gets my vote for coolest death, because even when he
loses, he wins.

Do I like the 08th MS Team? Hell yeh I do =) It's the best I've watched so
far ... only seeing 1/3rd of Zeta isn't enough for me to fully respect
Camille, and my complete lack of exposure to MSG means I can't rightly
comment on Amuro and Char, CCA just isn't adequate.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler